Another day, another Ford (F) recall announced by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
On Tuesday, August 26, the NHTSA indicated it is recalling certain 2025-model F-150s and 2025-2026 model F-550, F-450, F-350, and F-250 Super Duty trucks due to a faulty instrument panel cluster that could go blank at startup.
These are new vehicles, so the panel displays many of the truck's critical information, like the speedometer, warning lights, and warning messages.
Related: Ford keeps breaking records in the worst way with latest recall
The issue occurs when the truck is restarted at a specific point after turning it on. Ford will mail notices to affected owners the week of September 1 or sooner.
The NHTSA says the fix has to be made in person, meaning the issue is not just a simple software fix that can be administered digitally.
On Thursday, August 28, the NHTSA was at it again.
Ford recalls nearly 500,000 cars over brake fluid leaks
The NHTSA says Ford is recalling nearly 500,000 vehicles in the U.S. over a ruptured hose issue in the brake system that could cause brake fluid to leak.
The issue could lengthen stopping distances, increasing the crash risk.
More automotive:
- Defense accuses Ford of retaliation in messy RICO lawsuit
- Japan's automakers land in tough spot after latest US debacle
- Stellantis takes a major step backward in critical tech race
The recall includes Ford Edge SUV models from 2015-2018, as well as midsize luxury Lincoln MKX model years 2016-2018. About 1% of recalled vehicles have the defect.
Separately, Ford is also recalling another 213,000 vehicles with faulty taillights and 100,900 vehicles due to the risk of an airbag tear when deployed.
Ford is having a record-setting year in the worst way
Earlier this year, Ford earned an ignominious distinction after it issued its 89th recall of the year — before July. The Blue Oval shattered General Motors' record from 2014 when it issued 77 recalls during the whole year.
Last month, during its second-quarter earnings call, Ford said it is taking the issue seriously.
“We are not satisfied with the current level of recalls or the number of vehicles impacted. We are working to reduce the cost of these recalls,” said Chief Operating Officer Kuman Galhorta.
Ford says that tariff costs will shave about $2 billion off its bottom line this year, but if Ford doesn't get its recall issues under control, its tariff expenses could pale in comparison.
Ford just shared that it is recalling 2021-2024 Bronco Sport vehicles, 2020-2022 Escape vehicles, and 2019-2024 Kuga vehicles due to cracked fuel injectors that could leak fuel into the engine and increase the fire risk.
More than 694,000 vehicles could have the problem, so it's calling for a field service action that will cost Ford about $570 million. This was reflected in its second-quarter results, but won't affect the company's full-year EBIT.
Related: Ford Motor CEO takes ‘radical approach' to major problem