Business Insights
  • Home
  • Crypto
  • Finance Expert
  • Business
  • Invest News
  • Investing
  • Trading
  • Forex
  • Videos
  • Economy
  • Tech
  • Contact

Archives

  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • August 2023
  • January 2023
  • December 2021
  • July 2021
  • November 2019
  • October 2019
  • September 2019
  • August 2019
  • July 2019
  • June 2019
  • May 2019
  • April 2019
  • March 2019
  • February 2019
  • January 2019

Categories

  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Economy
  • Finance Expert
  • Forex
  • Invest News
  • Investing
  • Tech
  • Trading
  • Uncategorized
  • Videos
Apply Loan
Money Visa
Advertise Us
Money Visa
  • Home
  • Crypto
  • Finance Expert
  • Business
  • Invest News
  • Investing
  • Trading
  • Forex
  • Videos
  • Economy
  • Tech
  • Contact
Paramount settles with Trump for $16m over 60 Minutes interview with Kamala Harris | Paramount Pictures
  • Business

Paramount settles with Trump for $16m over 60 Minutes interview with Kamala Harris | Paramount Pictures

  • July 2, 2025
  • Roubens Andy King
Total
0
Shares
0
0
0
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0

Donald Trump has reached a $16m settlement with Paramount, the parent of CBS News, over what he claimed was false editing of a pre-election interview with the Democratic candidate for president, Kamala Harris, in what is likely to be seen as a further example of capitulation by media companies hoping to smooth the waters with Trump.

Trump had filed a $10bn lawsuit against the company in October, one of a string of legal actions against US media conglomerates over what the US president maintains was biased, incorrect or “fake” news reporting.

In a late-night announcement, Paramount – which is preparing for a $8.4bn merger that requires approval from the the US Federal Communications Commission, headed by Trump loyalist Brendan Carr – said it would pay the sum to settle the suit.

It said the money would be allocated, at Trump’s discretion, either to his future presidential library or to charitable causes, and not paid to Trump “directly or indirectly”.

“The settlement does not include a statement of apology or regret,” the company statement added.

A spokesperson for Trump’s legal team told the Wall Street Journal that the settlement was “another win for the American people as he, once again, holds the Fake News media accountable for their wrongdoing and deceit”.

The lawsuit alleged that CBS, via its news show 60 Minutes, deceptively edited an interview with Harris – then the US vice-president as well as the Democratic presidential candidate – to “tip the scales in favor of the Democratic party” in the election. On the campaign trail last year, Trump threatened to revoke CBS’s broadcasting licence if elected.

The lawsuit also alleged that CBS aired two versions of the interview in which Harris appeared to give different answers to the same question about the Israel-Hamas war. CBS said the lawsuit was “completely without merit” and had asked a judge to dismiss it.

In an amended complaint filed in February, Trump increased his claim for damages to $20bn and added a claim that CBS’s editing of the interview violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act, which makes it illegal to use false, misleading or deceptive acts in commerce.

The lawsuit was filed in Amarillo, Texas, a portion of a federal district court where the sole judge is a 2019 Trump appointee. The case entered mediation in April.

The settlement includes an agreement that 60 Minutes would release transcripts of interviews with future US presidential candidates after they aired, subject to redactions as required for legal or national security concerns.

The White House did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment. Edward A Paltzik, a lawyer representing Trump in the civil suit, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Paltzik has previously said “real accountability for CBS and Paramount will ensure that the president is compensated for the harm done to him, and will deter the fake news from further distorting the facts to advance a partisan agenda”.

The settlement comes as Paramount prepares for an $8.4bn merger with Skydance Media, which requires the approval of federal regulators at the FCC.

But US and California lawmakers have said any settlement may violate bribery laws.

“Paramount appears to be trying to settle a lawsuit that it has assessed as ‘completely without merit’,” Democratic senators Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and Ron Wyden said in a May letter to Paramount’s chair, Shari Redstone.

“Under the federal bribery statute, it is illegal to corruptly give anything of value to public officials to influence an official act.

“If Paramount officials make these concessions in a quid pro quo arrangement to influence President Trump or other Administration officials, they may be breaking the law.”

The settlement is the latest example of media corporate parent companies making concessions to Trump and the Trump administration, which frequently casts unfavorable coverage as “fake news”.

On Tuesday, Trump and the homeland security secretary, Kristi Noem, threatened to sue CNN over its reporting on an app designed to help people avoid Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, and over the reporting of a damage assessment on Iran’s nuclear facilities that was unfavorable to the administration’s claims.

The settlement also comes after Meta Platforms, the Facebook and Instagram parent company, said on 29 January it had agreed to pay about $25m to settle a lawsuit by Trump over the company’s suspension of his accounts after the 6 January 2021 attack at the US Capitol.

Paramount’s decision to settle the case – which has reportedly caused deep upset in the CBS newsroom – also follows ABC News agreeing to pay $15m to Trump to settle a defamation lawsuit over inaccurate comments by the anchor George Stephanopoulos that Trump had been found civilly liable for rape.

Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Roubens Andy King

Previous Article
South Harz Potash: A Globally Significant European Potash and Critical Minerals Opportunity
  • Invest News

South Harz Potash: A Globally Significant European Potash and Critical Minerals Opportunity

  • July 2, 2025
  • Roubens Andy King
Read More
Next Article
Warner Bros Discovery’s ‘Red Divorce’
  • Finance Expert

Warner Bros Discovery’s ‘Red Divorce’

  • July 2, 2025
  • Roubens Andy King
Read More
You May Also Like
Walmart+ adds Peacock to streaming offerings to better compete with Amazon Prime
Read More
  • Business

Walmart+ adds Peacock to streaming offerings to better compete with Amazon Prime

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 3, 2025
Weak pound and yen shore up dollar, bonds and payrolls in focus
Read More
  • Business

Weak pound and yen shore up dollar, bonds and payrolls in focus

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 3, 2025
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff says he cut 4,000 support roles because of AI
Read More
  • Business

Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff says he cut 4,000 support roles because of AI

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025
Let’s Break Down What You Need to Be Watching This Week
Read More
  • Business

Let’s Break Down What You Need to Be Watching This Week

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025
Google won’t be forced to sell its Chrome browser, judge rules
Read More
  • Business

Google won’t be forced to sell its Chrome browser, judge rules

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025
Gold price hits record high as investors seek safe haven | Gold
Read More
  • Business

Gold price hits record high as investors seek safe haven | Gold

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025
How Is Chevron’s Stock Performance Compared to Other Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Stocks?
Read More
  • Business

How Is Chevron’s Stock Performance Compared to Other Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Stocks?

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025
Bunker Hill tower One California Plaza goes into receivership
Read More
  • Business

Bunker Hill tower One California Plaza goes into receivership

  • Roubens Andy King
  • September 2, 2025

Recent Posts

  • best manufacturing business idea in India small budget business idea in India crockery wholesal
  • The New Rules of Building Wealth | Bullish
  • If I Were To Invest 5 Lacs in Quality Stocks For LONG TERM (2030) (Ft Saurabh Mukherjea/Rahul Jain)
  • ‘Out of Funds.’ The Van Der Beek GoFundMe Hit $2.5M. Commenters Point to the $4.76M Ranch Bought About a Month Before His Death
  • How the Quran Talks About Money, Trade and Business | Quran & The Global Economy by Nouman Ali Khan
Featured Posts
  • best manufacturing business idea in India small budget business idea in India crockery wholesal 1
    best manufacturing business idea in India small budget business idea in India crockery wholesal
    • February 16, 2026
  • The New Rules of Building Wealth | Bullish 2
    The New Rules of Building Wealth | Bullish
    • February 15, 2026
  • If I Were To Invest 5 Lacs in Quality Stocks For LONG TERM (2030) (Ft Saurabh Mukherjea/Rahul Jain) 3
    If I Were To Invest 5 Lacs in Quality Stocks For LONG TERM (2030) (Ft Saurabh Mukherjea/Rahul Jain)
    • February 14, 2026
  • ‘Out of Funds.’ The Van Der Beek GoFundMe Hit .5M. Commenters Point to the .76M Ranch Bought About a Month Before His Death 4
    ‘Out of Funds.’ The Van Der Beek GoFundMe Hit $2.5M. Commenters Point to the $4.76M Ranch Bought About a Month Before His Death
    • February 14, 2026
  • How the Quran Talks About Money, Trade and Business | Quran & The Global Economy by Nouman Ali Khan 5
    How the Quran Talks About Money, Trade and Business | Quran & The Global Economy by Nouman Ali Khan
    • February 13, 2026
Recent Posts
  • From Waiter in Bangalore To ₹1Cr+ Portfolio | Financial Freedom Journey
    From Waiter in Bangalore To ₹1Cr+ Portfolio | Financial Freedom Journey
    • February 12, 2026
  • Federal Reserve Board – Federal Reserve Board announces approval of application by Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Elga, Ltda.
    Federal Reserve Board – Federal Reserve Board announces approval of application by Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Elga, Ltda.
    • February 12, 2026
  • Federal Reserve Board – Federal Reserve Board issues enforcement action with former employee of Regions Bank
    Federal Reserve Board – Federal Reserve Board issues enforcement action with former employee of Regions Bank
    • February 12, 2026
Categories
  • Business (2,057)
  • Crypto (2,023)
  • Economy (214)
  • Finance Expert (1,687)
  • Forex (2,016)
  • Invest News (2,435)
  • Investing (2,040)
  • Tech (2,056)
  • Trading (2,024)
  • Uncategorized (2)
  • Videos (974)

Subscribe

Subscribe now to our newsletter

Money Visa
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Terms of Use
Money & Invest Advices

Input your search keywords and press Enter.